BROAD CHALKE ARCHIVE

The Archive was set up as The Broad Chalke Parish Archive in 2009 with the aim “to preserve and make available to the public all material relating to the history of the Parish of Broad Chalke. To collect further material as it comes available; to have such material accessible for research and educational purposes; to liaise with other Archives and History Societies with a view to sharing common knowledge and material.”

The Archive Team comprises Michael Roe (Chairman) – Michael Powis (Secretary) – David Price (Treasurer) – Ann Ferreira – Sally Fry – Sue Fry – John Burrough – Jane Gilbert – Bernard Emm

 WE ARE OPEN ON THE FIRST SATURDAY OF EACH MONTH FROM 10 TO 12 NOONQueen's Head corner from 1945 film 2      Quen's Head Corner

We have a growing collection of photographs. Here are two of the ‘Queen’s Head corner’ from 1945 – exactly 70 years ago. Look for the changes!

IF THE GALLERY IS NOT BEING USED FOR A MEETING, PLEASE GO UP AND SEE OUR DISPLAY OF ‘BROAD CHALKE IN THE GREAT WAR’