We are always keen to have more Members. Membership provides an opportunity to become more involved in the running of the Hub and to have a say. New Members provide fresh ideas.
If you would like to subscribe, please contact Ellen t: 01722 780 998 or any member of the Management Committee, and they will arrange for you to be sent an application pack. You can subscribe for just one share or as many more as you would like to hold.
CVCH has the following key features:
- Its purpose is to carry on business for the benefit of the community;
- It is committed to trading for the benefit of the community and not for anyone’s private benefit and to retaining profits and applying them to achieve its purpose;
- Anyone may become a Member by subscribing for one or more shares of £10. Currently CVCH has 270 Members, who between them hold 4,654 shares of £10 each;
- Each Member has one vote irrespective of the size of their shareholding;
- There are no restrictions on Membership;
- It is managed by a Management Committee of up to 12 people of whom the majority are required to be Members. Each member of the Management Committee retires at the third Annual Members’ Meeting after their election, but each is eligible for re-election;
- It holds an annual Members’ meeting to elect members of the Management Committee and to conduct other business.
- It publishes its annual accounts to its Members;
- Shares are not transferable except on death or bankruptcy;
- Members who have held Shares for at least five years or such other period as the Management Committee decides may redeem them at par, but the Management Committee may specify a maximum total withdrawal for each financial year; all withdrawals must be funded from trading surpluses or new share capital raised from Members; and all withdrawals are at the discretion of the Management Committee having regard to CVCH’s long term interests, the need to maintain prudent reserves, and CVCH’s commitment to community benefit.
Chalke Valley Stores
URC Chapel, High Road,
Broad Chalke, Wiltshire SP5 5EH
01722 780 998
FREE parking available outside
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm
Saturday 8.30am to 4pm
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
9am to 1pm
Monday to Saturday 9am to 4.30pm
Shop, Post Office & Coffee Shop are all closed on Bank and Public Holidays
Many of the photographs used on this website have been kindly contributed by Russell Emm and Andrew Wiltshire (www.countrysidephotography.org).