NB we will closed on Monday 25th May – the Spring Bank Holiday
“WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER”
It has been an extraordinary month for everyone in the country and the way everyone has come together in the Chalke Valley has shown what a united community we are. The best illustration of this is the way volunteers have stepped forward to help in so many ways, both in the shop and in delivering provisions to those unable to leave home.
Tony is particularly grateful for the support and encouragement shown towards him and his team and he, in turn, together with the management committee, wishes to thank all those who have so generously given up their time to offer their help. It has been a testing time but the saying “we are all in this together” has never been more true than it is here in the Chalke Valley and the response has been truly amazing, so thank you all.
The HUB is featured on BBC Wiltshire
Tony’s was interviewed by Marie Lennon on BBC Wiltshire radio on 14th May. To say that he was a natural would be an understatement and he successfully put across how much he appreciated the hard work of the HUB’s new army of volunteers who have worked so hard to keep the HUB not just going, but extremely busy. This helped to generate an increase in orders for delivery by the volunteers plus an increase in phone-and-collect orders as well. Well done Tony!
Other shop news:
- Take-away hot and cold drinks, cakes and savories are now available and the take up is increasing as people are starting to get back to work
- Facemasks – both medical and non medical facemasks are now on sale. Made locally, a percentage of the sale price is going to NHS charities
- Tony has a supply of baking and bread making flour and also some yeast. This is good news as there is shortage of supply elsewhere
Post Office news:
- The reduced hours of the PO operation will continue for the time being i.e. 9am to 10am, Monday Tuesday and Thursday. The HUB staff is making every attempt, where possible, to “fast-track” PO-only customers when there is a queue for the shop.
- Our much-valued postmaster, Ed, has had to furlough all his staff. This means he is running the Post Offices at Tisbury and Broad Chalke single handed, both understandably, with reduced hours. Ed is doing a fantastic job for us and we are very fortunate that we have these three hours a week of his expertise and excellent customer service. Everyone in the Chalke Valley is very grateful to Ed for his commitment and hard work – thank you Ed!
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR THE HUB. THIS WILL ENSURE THAT WE GET THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME TOGETHER AND WITH OUR FUTURE SECURE.